Did you know that a novel could have a soundtrack?
Some authors write to music and those songs become the soundtrack for their book.
I wish I could do that. Unfortunately, I'm not that focused. Listening to anything while writing usually distracts me. However, after completing the novel, I read over different chapters of the book and music or songs would pop in my head that had the feeling of what I was reading.
Yesterday, I heard a original score by a composer and it took me straight to the opening scene of The Dawn. Wow, right?
Below, you will find links to the songs of The Dawn soundtrack. Be sure to listen to them while you read. If you have a song to add, please be sure to let me know.
1. If The Dawn were a movie, this score would play during the title and opening credits as the film showed an aerial view of a desolate New York City:
Ocean Sky - Taxi Williams
2. When Hannah explores her new home. Start at 28:00 - 29:52:
Music by Epidemic Sound
3. When Hannah meets Jade:
Meghan Trainor - Me Too
4. When Seth saves Crystal:
The last Samurai - Taken
5. The song Seth had been teaching when the IMO police stormed the university:
Hezekiah Walker & the Love Fellowship Crusade Choir - How Much We Can Bear
6. When Titanpointe is surrounded:
Sick Puppies - You're Going Down
7. When General Cain escapes in the truck and remembers something causing the vehicle to almost flip over:
Jill Scott - Fools Gold
8. During most of the fighting scenes in Austria.
Mark Petrie - Richat
9. I don't know why, but as I wrote the ending fighting scene I kept hearing this song:
Solange - Cranes In The Sky
10. This song would play during the ending credits:
B. Slade - Horizon